Females, age 35 or older, pursuing an M.Div. degree at any University Senate Approved School of Theology. Must be a certified candidate at time of application for the Elder track. Preference given to those who have chosen ministry as a second career. GPA 3.0+. Average award $5,000.
- Applicants must be an ACTIVE, full member of The United Methodist Church for at least ONE year. Membership is determined by the date the applicant was confirmed and took membership vows with a United Methodist church. (Members of other Methodist denominations are not eligible.)
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree program at ANY accredited institution within the U.S.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants are required to be full-time students according to their school’s standards for the program for which they are enrolled.
- International applicants are eligible to apply IF: they are a member of The United Methodist Church (Central Conference or within the United States) for at least 3 years prior to application; AND they will be enrolled in a United Methodist related institution WITHIN the United States during the term they are applying.